One of the best presents I have ever received is a magic bullet food blender.
Mine came with 4 plastic drink mugs, plus a few mini mugs for chopping nuts, etc. And two blending blades.
It sits tucked away on my kitchen worktop and we have smoothies every morning.
You can obviously choose any ingredients, but this recipe is our staple favourite.
I also include the vitamin powders and liquids as one power drink.
My partner is lactose intolerant so we use a milk substitute.
- Blueberries, raspberries and strawberries to taste (we use frozen as its cheaper than fresh)
(You can add the fruit from frozen to keep the drink cool, but note, strawberry doesn’t tend to blend unless thawed).
(it gives the drink a good creamy texture and includes the fat that Vitamin K requires, if you are taking it)
- Coconut water (Vita is best)
- Oatley milk (or whichever is your favoured milk)
- Ice (optional)
- Scoop out 1/4 avocado per drink
- Add the fruit to taste. I prefer more strawberries and blueberries (antioxidant) with one spoonful of raspberry to give it a bit of tang
Pour in the Oatly to cover the fruit. (Usually half a plastic mug)
- Fill the rest of the mug with coconut water
- Add some ice (optional).
- Add any of your powers/vitamins. I add magnesium malate powder, Riboflavin and Fevertree (which tastes disgusting unless hidden in the smoothie!)
- Blend! (How long is up to you. The longer the blend the smoother the drink)