Taken from The Roasted Root website.
Low-Carb Gingerbread Loaf
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup sugar-free brown sugar
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil melted, or butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 1/2 cups superfine almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg optional
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 cups sugar-free confectioners sugar
- 5 Tbsp water adjust as needed
- 1 Tbsp Sugar-free brown sugar for sprinkling on top, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line an 8” x 5” loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Add all of the ingredients to a blender and blend until combined. You may need to scrape the sides with a rubber spatula and re-start the blender to get it to incorporate. The batter will be very thick! Note: if you don’t own a high-powered blender, you can use a stand mixer or mix everything in a mixing bowl.
- Transfer the batter to the parchment-lined pan and smooth into an even layer. Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until the edges are golden-brown and the center has set up. Allow bread to cool at least 30 minutes.
- If making the glaze, stir together the sugar-free confectioners sugar and water in a bowl until thick and creamy. If needed, add more water (or sweetener) to get your desired consistency.
- Drizzle the glaze liberally over the bread and smooth it into a layer (or make funky designs…get on with your bad self).
- Sprinkle with sugar-free brown sugar to make it look extra cool. Slice and serve!
Amount Per Serving (1 of 12)
Calories 179Calories from Fat 126
% Daily Value*
- Fat 14g22%
- Carbohydrates 16g5%
- Fiber 2g8%
- Sugar 1g1%
- Protein 7g14%
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet.